Notre Dame Community Federal Credit Union was chartered in 1938 as Notre Dame Parish Federal Credit Union. Their mission at that time was to serve the community of French Canadians who were hard working blue collar workers and who had no access to a banking institution for their deposit, borrowing, and general financial needs. This mission over the years has been broadened to serve the ever changing faces of our membership. In those early years growth was slow due to limited hours and limited facilities.
In 1968, the credit union expanded its membership to include wards 5 and 6 of the city of Fall River. This was done under a program called 'Model City'. As the credit union grew, so did the need for a larger facility. In 1971, the credit union moved from Pleasant Street to new quarters at 659 Eastern Avenue. This move resolved the need for a larger facility for a period of time. In 1986, they purchased a residence to expand this facilityg and add a drive-in service window. This expansion was finished in 1989. Since then the facility has been expanded upon and made even more convenient for members and their service area has been broadened to include the greater Fall River area suburban communities.
The credit union for many years used the trade name of Notre Dame Federal Credit Union. The credit union also was very progressive in the services offered and to this day continue to look for ways to serve its members in the ways they have come to expect.
The Kinnane Group was recently approved to provide real estate appraisal services to the credit union. The Kinnane Group has a long standing history of providing quality real estate appraisal services with high performance standards that embraces technology initiatives while demonstrating geographic competency.
The Kinnane Group is in its 53rd year of operation as a leading real estate service provider to the southcoast
area of Massachusetts and east bay region of Rhode Island.