The Historic Russell-Howland House (c 1830) was occupied by some of the area’s most prominent characters including the infamous Hetty Green (Witch of Wall Street) and coach maker Henry Forbes. It was later used by the Sisters of St. Joseph as a hospital (1873) and convent (1888). The original granite mansion and brick annex now house over 15,000 square feet of office and conference space. This property has both housing and commercial use potential (with approvals). There are 28 onsite parking spaces and over 442’ of frontage on 3 streets, providing plenty of additional parking. Owners completed historically approved renovations including replacing windows in 2016; brick repointing, wood restoration and painting (using long-life paint) in 2017; burner conversion from oil to gas in 2014; and roof and gutter repairs in 2012. Conveniently located just off Rte.18 and in close proximity to the waterfront and future New Bedford Rail Station (2023), this area is ripe for re-development.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.